To build a community where everyone is respectful, responsible, engaged and well-rounded.
To educate, empower, and engage students through:
- Cooperation & Communication;
- Community Involvement;
- Challenging and Innovative Curriculum;
- Social and Emotional Development; and,
- Safe and Inclusive Environment.
~Adopted by PRE SIC March 2022.
● Key Knowledge, Understanding, and Success Skills: student learning goals include standards- based content and skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and self-management
● STEM Integration: students experience learning opportunities that utilize the Engineering & Design process, as well as the 4 C’s of Critical Thinking, Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication
● Student Voice and Choice: students are involved in making some decisions about their learning experiences, how they work, and what they create
● Differentiation for Students and Staff: extended time to learn and teach are provided, along with opportunities to assist students and staff in their areas of need
● Ownership and Accountability: students and staff show ownership of our school and are accountable for their actions, while taking specific steps (RESPECT) to ensure that the environment remains safe, positive, and conducive for teaching and learning to occur.
● Positive School/Community Culture: all stakeholders develop and foster a sense of community by building relationships with our community; learning from, with, and in our community
RESPECT Yourself, RESPECT Others, and RESPECT the Environment
- Everyone has the right to learn and work in a safe, caring, supportive environment where they can use their valuable and unique talents and skills
- Early childhood learning experiences form the foundation of future school success
- Effective authentic learning is differentiated, collaborative, responsive, adaptive, and student centered
- All students are entitled to wide-ranging and project-based learning experiences that ensure the
- have the skills necessary to be competent, confident, successful learners
- All students thrive when they take ownership of their learning through each stage of their physical, emotional, and cognitive growth.
- Life-long learning essential to reach one’s potential and is best learned from those who model it
- Frequent, informal and formal assessment aligned to clearly defined learning objectives will provide improved student achievement
- The collection, analysis and use of data from a variety of sources are critical to making decisions
- Embracing diversity fosters the development of responsible, productive global citizens
- The unique talents of our learners and the community promote investment, involvement and mutual connections
- Open, transparent, and shared communication is necessary for school effectiveness