Our school counseling program reaches EVERY student and focuses on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for an individual student’s successful academic achievement, career development, and personal & social growth.
PRES’s Comprehensive School Counseling Program Mission:
The mission of Port Royal Elementary School’s counseling program is to provide all students with a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/ social development in a supportive and nurturing environment to ensure our students become not only responsible individuals but lifelong learners and problems solvers that always respect themselves, respect the environment, and respect others.
As the school counselor at PRES I believe…
- Students have the right to be heard and respected.
- Students learn best in a safe and supportive environment.
- It is my duty to advocate and work with ALL of our students at PRES.
- The school counseling program is an important link between students, families, school and community that cultivate student responsibility and academic achievement.
- Students deserve an academic environment that caters to their individualized learning styles, emotional/ social and personal needs to ensure academic success.
- The school counselor has a professional responsibility to abide by the Ethical Standards of the American School Counselor Association and to seek ongoing professional development.